Canadıan College Italy
Canadian College Italy
Canadian College Italy
Founded in 1995, CCI has seen over three thousand graduates pass through its home of Lanciano, an ancient-yet-modern city of 45,000 in the Central region of Abruzzo.
About a twenty-minute drive to the bustling city of Pescara and less than three hours by bus to Rome, Lanciano is centrally located and well connected by train and bus. Unique to most private schools, CCI provides boarding for its students. Lanciano, with its over 3,300-year history, has much to share with them as both boys and girls’ residences are located within the historical centre and a quick walk to the main school building.
To provide a unique environment in which students experience a renaissance: academically, socially and culturally.
Philosophy & Objectives
- To translate the name of the school into a curricular and social reality
- To offer a special living environment: communal, foreign, and culturally rich
- To provide an extraordinary learning environment: small classes, an experienced and caring faculty and quality resources
- To trigger a renewal in student learning through faculty accessibility, challenging academic demands, and focused study
- To consciously promote humanistic values
- To bring students to an acceptance of social responsibility as a basic right
- To inculcate in our students an acceptance of ownership for their learning
- To effect a change in student outlook through contact with the local Italian community and with the cultural and artistic aspects of Italy
- To develop the curriculum so that each course taught has a cultural component
- To involve students in the structure of their living and learning
- Classical Civilization
- Social Sciences
CCI Boys reside on the top floor of the school building on Via Cavour; the residential portion is accessed by a door at the back of the school.
The accommodations for the boys vary in size although they are mostly double rooms and the boys share bathroom and laundry facilities. There is a common room equipped with a full kitchen so that the boys can gather informally and socialize. The rooms have beautiful vaulted painted ceilings and one-half of the balcony windows have a distant view of the Adriatic sea, whereas the other half has a spectacular rooftop view of the old town. WiFi access is available throughout the residence. The boys also enjoy the outdoor courtyard which is in the center of the building and accessible through the first floor of the residence.
The girls are housed in the Town’s oldest Inn, The Allegria. It is a charming 525 year- old inn where the students also enjoy their dinners in the main floor dining hall.
This residence also housed the girls in the very first year of the school in 1995. The residence has ten rooms on the second floor, each with its own bathroom. The two adjacent apartments that are also part of the main building have rooms that vary in size and the bathrooms in these apartments are shared. There is an outside terrace with a lovely view of the old town where the girls gather to socialize.
The residence is equipped with two full kitchens and laundry facilities. WiFi is available throughout the residence. There are security cameras on the outside of the building.
The residence is in the center of the town, just a few minutes’ walk from the school and the nearby cafes, shops and the main piazza in town.