DID DEUTSCH INSTITUT
Did Deutsch Institut - Berlin
Did Deutsch-Institut – Berlin
In 1970, Madeleine Semidei-Kötter had the idea of offering German courses and exchange programs for international students and schoolchildren, so she founded Deutsch in Deutschland. Thanks to her engagement, did deutsch-institute, as the institution is called today, has grown to one of the largest and most well known private language schools for learning German in Germany.
Berlin is the capital, and with its 3.5 million inhabitants, the largest city in German. Our institute is housed in a modern building in the centrally located district of Berlin Mitte. The school is only a few minute’s walks or a short tram ride from the city center and in just 15 minutes you’ll be at the Brandenburg Gate.
The founding of the institute 1990
max. Number of students 250
Standard CourseOur general German courses are intended for participants who want to make rapid progress in improving their language competence. You will learn in an intensive, practice-oriented environment with other international participants and will then be able to use your language to work, study or travel in Germany. Course Description:
- Focus on learning the main skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Lessons are academic and goal-oriented so you can make rapid progress.
- Practical language is emphasized for use in everyday, professional and academic situations.
- Fast and efficient teaching methods: Use of course materials is emphasized.
- Stabilizing grammar and vocabulary.
Intensive CourseCourse Description:
- In addition to the content of a Standard Course, our most popular course for rapid learning results.
- All participants can participate actively in class, speak a lot with one another, discuss together and express opinions.
- The course module deals with current events in politics, culture and business.
- The course is ideal to improve communicative skills.
- Already developed knowledge and skills will be stabilized, deepen and expanded.
Premium CourseCourse Description:
- As an expansion of our Intensive Course, the premium module is ideal for particularly ambitious learners.
- Participants learn in small groups of 4-5 according to their desires and needs.
- Participants can incorporate their personal ideas and preferences and target weaknesses.
- Teachers put together a curriculum according to the preferences of the participants (for example, concentration on specialized vocabulary).
- Especially suitable for targeted themes, but also for busy participants who want to make maximum use of their time.
- Focused preparation for the TestDaF exam.
- With the help of extensive practice exercises, participants intensify their German language knowledge and skills.
- Participants become familiar with the test format.
- You learn strategies to help successfully complete test tasks.
- Overcome your test anxiety with help from our experienced teachers.
- You can take the TestDaF exam six different times throughout the year.
- The exam is given at the did deutsch-institut Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich. Our schools are licensed testing centers.
- The TestDaF is recognized by universities as proof of foreign applicants' German language ability.
- The exam consists of four parts: reading comprehension, listening comprehension, written expression and oral expression.
- You can register for the TestDaF exam either at did deutsch-institut or online at www.testdaf.de.
- Please bring your identification card or passport along! The testing fee must be paid at the time of registration.
- When completed, the exam documents will be sent to the TestDaF Institute.
- After 6 - 7 weeks, the results of the exam will be available on the TestDaF web portal.
- Afterward, the TestDaF grades can be picked up at did deutsch-insitut.
- Focused, compact preparation for the telc exam
- Become familiar with the test format through practice exercises
- Train the necessary skills leading to the successful completion of the examination
- The course takes place Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
- Ideal extension of Standard and Intensive Course
- telc language certificates document your language proficiency in listening, reading, speaking, and writing.
- telc German exams are recognized worldwide and serve as proof for vocational training, university study or work in Germany.
- The telc exams B1, B2, C1 and telc C1 University are administered at did deutsch institut Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg or Munich.
- We administer the level C2 telc test up to two times per year.
- We offer telc A1 and A2 for groups, on request, by arrangement.
- When completed, the exam documents will be sent to the telc Institute.
- After 7 - 8 weeks, the results of the exam will be available.
- The telc language certificate can be picked up at did deutsch-insitut.
- Targeted preparation for the Goethe Institute German language exams Goethe Certificate B2 and Goethe Certificate C1.
- Become familiar with the test format through examples.
- Simulate individual test sections with our teachers.
- The preparation courses will be offered alongside Standard or Intensive courses.
- The exam preparation is held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
- The participant is responsible for test registration personally.
- Please note, the number of exam spots is limited so you must register in a timely manner.
- It is possible to register online and pay the exam fees directly.
- Please register for the exam through the Goethe Institute's Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg or Munich websites.
- You will receive test results from the Goethe Institute.
- Intensive language acquisition - from developing German language skills to acceptance at a German university
- Free editing/review and creation of a timeline leading to semester begin
- Support during the search for a German university placement
- Evaluation of your university application documents
- Support during the visa application process (VPD preliminary documentation review or conditional acceptance)
- You strengthen your German knowledge with precision and ultimately tailor it to your own personal needs.
- More time to discuss topics extensively, something you don't have the opportunity to do in group classes.
- The chance to expand on your Standard, Intensive or Premium Course through individuation instruction.
- If you would like to register for individual rather than group instruction, the minimum is 10 lessons per week.
- Themes to select from including German for Professionals, German for University Study or Everyday German.
- Ideal for participants who want to work in a German-speaking country or need German for their profession.
- Concentration on learning the basic language structures - a very practical, goal-oriented training.
- Context organized according to occupation: business and technology, service sector, office or social service professions.
- You define the content before the course begins so that valuable class time is not wasted.
- Conceptualized as individualized instruction, the courses are focused on the refreshment, development and expansion of professional language content.
- Designed for business and professional people with tight schedules.
- These courses are especially dense and lead to substantial progress in the shortest time possible.
- Daily, 9 or 12 hours of individual instruction in 9 days (one work week plus two weekends)
- Depending on your individual needs, we will put together a course tailored just for you.
- Daily working lunch with a carefully selected teacher just right for you.
- This course is ideal for current and prospective teachers' continuing education
- In the first phase, you will participate in a German course with 20 lessons at the A2 - C1 level.
- Make impressions and experience modern German instruction with the latest teaching materials.
- Your course will be extended with 4 more lessons at a lower level (A1 - B2). You are the observer.
- In a one-on-one conversation (2 lessons per week) you will discuss pedagogical approaches and lesson plans with the teacher.
- This course is not suitable for teachers with native German language proficiency.
- It is not guaranteed that multiple foreign teachers will be participating in the course at the same time.
- This course is known as Erasmus Plus Teacher Professional Education. We welcome questions and are here to help.
- Improve your German language skills during this 6+ week course.
- We will help you prepare your application materials and job interview.
- Depending on the area of expertise, proof of language level B1, B2, C1 or higher is required.
- Collect your first professional experience and establish contacts with a German enterprise.
- You will get the chance to experience everyday professional life in Germany.
- Improve your German language skills during this international Standard Course.
- Four weekly lessons with seminars and workshops with a lecturer.
- During this time, you will develop an academic project in the area of culture and civilization.
- Combine your German language course with socially, culturally and economically relevant topics.
- You will present your project at the end of the course.
- Berlin: Metropolis - Past, Present and Future of the Capital City
- Frankfurt: Money, Money, Money - Germany's Economic and Financial World
- Hamburg: The Gateway to the World - Globalization of the Land, Water and Air
- Munich: Between Laptops and Lederhosen - Germanys Technology Center
- Improve your German as you concentrate on the primary skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- The main hallmark of the course will be speaking and the confident and fluent usage of the language.
- Your teacher orients the instruction toward practice. This way you will always be learning the language in a creative context.
- During instruction, we pay particular attention to creating an exciting atmosphere in which you can "play" with the language.
- The teachers incorporate short tests so you receive feedback on your language skill development.
- The Intensive Course expands upon the content of the Standard Course.
- You have the opportunity to markedly improve your language competence.
- Actively strengthen your communicative competence and improve your performance.
- Already developed knowledge and skills will be stabilized, deepened and expanded.
- Learn German in a fun, creative context in small groups.
- The Premium Course expands upon the content of the Standard and Intensive Courses.
- Concentrate exclusively on learning the language.
- The quickest way to improve your German in the summer.
- Experience maximum learning results in thanks to the topics of focus in the afternoon premium modules.
- Build vocabulary and grammar skills and make rapid progress
Host Family Berlin
You will feel right at home and enjoy an authentic German experience during your language course in Berlin by staying with a host family. Staying with a family gives you the opportunity to get to know the culture from the locals’ perspective and to practice your new German language skills and knowledge outside of class.
Student Residence Berlin
Our student residence is located in the western part of the city directly on the Spree River. Supermarkets, restaurants and the “Gotzkowsky-Kiez” neighbourhood with its popular bars are all within walking distance. The roof terrace and common rooms (with TV and kitchen) provide regular opportunities to get to know your housemates. The bus ride to school is only 30 minutes.
Youth Hotel Berlin
Our youth hotel is located on a quiet sidestreet only 10 minutes from the Berlin main train station. In the large lobby, you can easily establish connections with other international students. One of the building’s highlights is the roof terrace with its view of the nearby government district. You can reach the school by tram in 20 minutes.